33nd Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on
Principles of Distributed Computing
July 15-18, 2014
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for STUDENT TRAVEL AWARDS
PODC 2014, along with SIGOPS, SIGACT, ACM, CNRS GdR ARS and other PODC sponsors, would like to encourage student participation at the Symposium.
PODC 2014 will partially reimburse the travel costs and/or the registration cost of deserving graduate student registrants who might otherwise be unable to attend the conference. A limited number of registration waivers is also available.
Students eligible to apply are the following:
- a graduate student at the time of attending PODC 2014, or
- both an undergraduate student and a coauthor of a PODC 2014 paper.
All eligible applications will be considered. The number and amount of awards will be determined based on the available budget and the applications received.
Applications should be sent by e-mail with the subject “PODC 2014 Student Travel Grant Application” to PODC 2014 Student Grant Chair, Sylvie Delaët (delaet AT lri DOT fr). In addition to a student’s application, a short letter of recommendation should be sent by the student’s advisor to the above email address with the subject line “PODC 2014 Student Travel Grant – Recommendation” (the advisor should clarify the nature and amount of any other sources of funding that are available or have been applied for). Please note that both these emails must be received by the deadline (see below) in order for an application to be considered. Each application should include the following:
- Type of support requested (travel cost, registration waiver,etc.)
- Willing to serve as a volunteer (registration desk, etc.) for part of the conference.
- Expected Expenses (broken down as registration, travel, and lodging)
- Type of student (PhD, MS, undergraduate, etc.)
- Number of years that the applicant have been a student in the current program, and expected date of completion
- Name and email address of advisor
- Title and Authors of paper presented (if applicable)
- A short paragraph (maximum 150 words) describing briefly why the student wants to attend PODC 2014 (e.g., to present a paper). Ascii/text attachment is ok for this paragraph.
- The advisor’s email should contain the recommendation letter (attachments ok).
Deadlines and Dates
Application due June 2, 2014.
Award decisions made June 24, 2014.
ACM requires winners to provide taxpayer information (e.g., SSNs for those in the US).