The 29th ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architecture (SPAA 2017) and the 36h Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2017) invites proposals for half-day and full-day workshops and tutorials that are closely related to the current scope of the conference or are new emerging research fields complementing or extending it, including but not restricted to:
- distributed algorithms: design, analysis, and complexity
- communication networks: algorithms, architectures, services, protocols, applications
- multiprocessor and multi-core architectures and algorithms
- shared and transactional memory, synchronization protocols, concurrent programming
- fault-tolerance, reliability, availability, self-organization, self-stabilization
- codes and reliable communication
- Internet applications, social networks, recommendation systems
- dynamic, adaptive and machine learning based distributed algorithms
- distributed operating systems, middleware platforms, databases
- game-theoretic approaches to distributed computing
- distributed mechanisms design
- peer-to-peer systems, overlay networks, distributed data management
- high-performance, cluster, cloud and grid computing
- wireless networks, mobile computing, autonomous agents and robots
- context-aware distributed systems
- security in distributed computing, cryptographic protocols
- distributed cryptocurrencies and blockchain protocols
- quantum and optics based distributed algorithms
- biological distributed algorithms
- sensor, mesh, and ad hoc networks
- specification, semantics, verification of concurrent systems
Workshops and tutorials will be held in conjunction with SPAA and PODC on Sunday, July 23, 2017 and on Friday, July 28, 2017. Interested members of the community are invited to send proposals for workshops and tutorials by email to the workshops and tutorials coordinator:
Leonid Barenboim <email@example.com>
The following are required in a workshop or a tutorial proposal:
- Title of the workshop or tutorial;
- An abstract describing the main focus of the workshop or tutorial and why it would be of interest to the SPAA and PODC community;
- Names and contact information of the organizers;
- The duration of the workshop or tutorial;
- For the workshops, we need the estimated number of submitted and accepted papers, and a brief description of the review process.
- Declare, if any, your preference regarding the date (Sunday, July 23, 2017 or Friday, July 28, 2017.).
The proposals should be submitted to the workshops and tutorial coordinator as soon as possible, but no later than
Friday, January 6, 2017.
Decision on the proposals will be made no later than January 15, 2017. The organizers may opt to review and decide on the proposals on a first-come-first-served basis.
We are happy to announce that the following workshops have been already accepted to be collocated with PODC 2017.
- The 5th Workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2017) – (see BDA 2016)
- The 4th Workshop on Adaptive Resource Management and Scheduling for Cloud Computing (DeMIST 2017) – (see DeMIST 2016)