Royal Holloway is located in a beautiful part of Surrey, a county famed for its historic market towns, parks and woodlands, and a lively cultural sporting scene. The university campus is located very close to Runnymede, where the Magna Carta was sealed in 1215. Nearby are Windsor Great Park, adjoining Windsor Castle, and Wentworth Golf Club, home of the annual PGA Championship. Central London is easily accessible by train for a whole host of activities – trips to the shops, famous tourist attractions, galleries, theatres and nightlife.
The college campus is situated just a few minutes walk from Windsor Great Park between the villages of Englefield Green and Virginia Water, and close to the towns of Egham, Staines and Windsor.
Further information is available here.
On-campus accommodation will be in modern/en-suite rooms and include full board.
The attendees registered for a 5-day workshops+conference event package are eligible for a discounted rate of £70 per-room/per-night/full board that applies to all 5 nights between 22 – 26 July.
The attendees registered for a 3-day conference event package are eligible for a discounted rate of £70 per-room/per-night/full board that applies to all 3 nights between 23 – 25 July.
The standard rate of £80 per-room/per-night/full board applies to all nights between 22 – 27 July, which do not qualify for a discount as per the above.
The dinner included in the room reservation for the night of 26 July will be a BBQ in the Founder’s Quad.
A limited number of rooms has been provisionally reserved for the benefit of the PODC and collocated workshop attendees willing to extend their stay for the nights of 28 – 29 July. The rates for these nights are still TBC but likely to be higher than those for the conference/workshop nights as they do not qualify for the VAT exemption. For further details and/or making a reservation, please send an email to Gregory.Chockler@rhul.ac.uk.
Please follow the steps below to reserve your stay on Royal Holloway campus:
- The reservation cut-off date is 1 July 2018.
- Click the link below to access the reservation page in the Royal Holloway online store.
- Follow the instructions listed on this page to complete your reservation request. No payment is required at this stage.
- Once completed, you will receive an Email confirming your reservation request being successfully received.
- In about a week after the cut-off date, you will receive an Email with the payment amount due, calculated on the basis of your chosen event packages (see above) along with instructions for completing your payment online.
- Click here to access the reservation page.
- For more information and questions please Email Gregory.Chockler@rhul.ac.uk.
For those willing to stay off campus, there is a wide selection of quality hotels and Bed & Breakfast in close vicinity to the venue. Some of these are listed below: